A blog about cameras and the smelly plastic stuff that comes in rolls.

Montag, 29. August 2011

expired Polaroid 600 extreme: failure


Bought this pack of Polaroid 600 extreme (expired 12/99) on a flea market for 1 €. I didn't expect much. Loaded it into my Polaroid 636 closeup and fired a test shot. The battery still had enough power to run the camera but the chemistry was dry and the picture came out mustard coloured,. And so did the other nine shots. I didn't expect much and I have not been disappointed;-)
You might think: why is this guy boring us with useless informations? Hey, I am a kind hearted guy, and I just want to save you from spending loads of money in the e(lectronic)bay for buying packs of film that turn out to be packs of crap. I heard more than once that Polaroid 600 is quite sensitive to expiration. So twelve years out of date is definitely too much. Save your money and buy some other analog stuff.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen